HOW TO REPORT A POWER OUTAGE
REPORTING A POWER OUTAGE AFTER-HOURS
Please follow these steps to make sure your power outage is responded to quickly when reaching our automated outage system called PORCHE:
1. Verify your phone number on your next electric bill. For accurate reporting and timely repair, it is essential that you have the correct telephone number in our system.
2. If your power goes out, simply call your local Central Electric Office from the phone number you verified on your electric bill. The system will record your outage with just a few simple steps. It is very important that you call from the phone number on the electric bill to use the system most efficiently.
3. If you must call from another phone, please follow the message prompts carefully. The system will tell you that the number you are calling from is not in the system and will give you an opportunity to enter the phone number that is matched with your electric account where the outage occurs. This is required if you are calling from a cellular phone!
4. If you are calling from a phone number that is matched to another electric account, you will have an opportunity to tell the system that power is off at a different location and enter the appropriate phone number for the outage location.
5. Listen to the message and stay on the line until the system verifies your telephone number and/or address and then hang up. It is not necessary to leave a message unless you have specific information about what is causing the power outage, such as tree on power line, power line is down, broken power pole, etc. You may also leave a detailed message if your phone number is still not matched correctly.
6. At your option, you may choose to leave a message by remaining on the line. If you leave a message, speak up, speak slowly and speak clearly.
7. After you have completed these simple steps, your call is automatically logged and immediately processed to speed repairs.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR USING THE AUTOMATED OUTAGE SYSTEM
* Always try to call from the phone number associated with your electric account. Make sure you have at least one phone in your home that does not require electricity to work. Remember cordless phones require electricity.
* If you must call from another phone number, be prepared to enter the appropriate phone number associated with the account where the outage occurs.
* Only leave a message if you have information that may be helpful in restoring your power. For example, tree on line, broken pole, etc. Messages saying “my power is out” are not necessary and can slow down the progress of restoring your power.
WHY DOES CENTRAL ELECTRIC POWER ASSOCIATION USE 'PORCHE', AN AUTOMATED OUTAGE SYSTEM?
* To serve you faster. While you are reporting your outage, personnel in our 24-hour dispatch center are calling crews to investigate and repair the problem.
* To gather information quickly. If you have verified your phone number on your electric bill, when you call in, we will immediately know where you live and other information related to your account that is necessary to restore power.
* For customer convenience. Reporting an outage at a place where the phone number is correct in our system is quick and easy.